Where the Buggies Roam

Ben
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2011

Where the Buggies Roam

Post by Ben »

Hey guys,

We know that buggies have traveled far and wide over the years. As part of a new outreach effort, we would love to know how far from the nest some buggies have gotten.

If you have any retired buggies, please let us know and let us know where you are! I'll start it off -

Ben M - Pittsburgh
Limo
Volos
Camo

If you don't want to post it publicly for any reason, feel free to email us secretly at news@cmubuggy.org
da Pope
Organization: SigNu
2nd Organization: cmuTV
Graduation Year: 1987

Re: Where the Buggies Roam

Post by da Pope »

Back when I lived local to the burgh, I had esp, scorpion, the pope, and yamabachi. the pope moved west to CA with me and then moved back east to hang in the loft of my dad's barn. Phil (P of esp) took the rest of them to his secret lair. I think the KOS is stashed somewhere in the burgh, waiting for my retrieval and the front hatch from esp is at the cook's house also waiting for me to get it out of there.
hvincent
Organization: Pioneers
2nd Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2009

Post by hvincent »

A bunch of old Pioneers buggies are in Michigan; off the top of my head, Chaos, Keres, Valkyrie, Hyperion, and some of the older ones.
Vincent Zeng

Pioneers Chair '09
CIA Chair '08
Driver for Life
Ben

Post by Ben »

hvincent wrote:A bunch of old Pioneers buggies are in Michigan; off the top of my head, Chaos, Keres, Valkyrie, Hyperion, and some of the older ones.
Do we have a contact for who has them?
hvincent
Organization: Pioneers
2nd Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2009

Post by hvincent »

Paul Moran, who started a thread about it here.
Vincent Zeng

Pioneers Chair '09
CIA Chair '08
Driver for Life
aileen
Graduation Year: 2007

Post by aileen »

An older CIA alum with better memory can correct me, but I believe Streetcar or Black Magic ended up in the SF bay area doing the Sandhill Challenge.

I believe Brennan should have a couple as well, unless Ben has them now. Whatever happened to Ursula/Spectre?
Ben

Post by Ben »

hvincent wrote:Paul Moran, who started a thread about it here.
I entirely forgot that thread existed!

Thanks V!
abordick
Organization: PiKA
Graduation Year: 1994

Post by abordick »

I currently have 6 buggies from Pika in the 90s in the New England Buggy Museum in Connecticut (AKA my house). I have the winner from 1990 Vengeance. Renegade, Maverick, Mach II, Cyclone and Mad Dog (Winner '94, '95, '96)
Attachments
1924204_38670370667_4184_n.jpg
1924204_38670370667_4184_n.jpg (41.98 KiB) Viewed 25866 times
DAConley
Organization: PiKA
Graduation Year: 1991

Post by DAConley »

Those Pika buggies in Bordick's basement are waiting to enter that mystical nirvana that awaits them in the afterlife. A Valhalla if you will for retired Pke buggies, like 'gods' living out their glory years prior to eternal enshrinement. Some make sacrifices to sire new youngsters (Pika doesn't receive Activities Fund contributions like some other orgs), some see duty as driver trainers for alums with young kids (the absolutely coolest retirement), and some see things better not mentioned on the public forum (??).

I am down to (5) models myself in the Ann Arbor area (let's challenge those Pioneer boys to a race on the Flint SBD hill!) and retain the known whereabouts of everything Pika has built since 1979 - with a small number of exceptions. When we lost the house, the herd had to be separated. Many found homes with past Chairs after roaming a while in the pastures of Murraysville. In time, they too will earn their passage to the afterlife. Until then, perhaps you'll see them together again some day at Design or "on the porch" to recall days of their youth.
Ben

Post by Ben »

If anyone is interested in donating old buggies to a good/fun cause:

http://goo.gl/forms/fPv8ZAFLPv