What are the rules

zeroerror
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
Graduation Year: 1982

What are the rules

Post by zeroerror »

Hello Derek here from Zero Error. I'm a derby guy that got smoked by the PIKA wheels in the Ultimate. I went to the free roll yesterday and it was the funniest thing. PIKA did not want pictures taken and assigned a big guy to jump in front of our camera's. What are the rules of this sport? Now I do not want to be a jerk but I have tons of photo's that could be posted. I suggest a gentleman's agreement or I'll post them all. I don't want to start something but the thug tactics will only enhance me to agitate. There should be a code of conduct that all follow.http://www.zero-error.com
swiftsam
Site Admin
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2004

Re: What are the rules

Post by swiftsam »

Hey Derek,

Funny you should bring that up, because that's exactly what started this whole buggy alumni association in a strange way. PiKA has been doing that for as long as anybody can remember, and everyone thinks it's obnoxious, but that doesn't bother them. One time last year, I got annoyed and created pikabuggy.com.

The comment threads there were so active that we realized that buggy alumni (and current students) were craving a way to talk about buggy and know each other. So we formed this non-partisan organization that is just about promoting buggy and providing a channel for people to talk buggy.

As to your original question though, I think it's entirely appropriate for you to post all of your pictures on pikabuggy.com. There are no rules in buggy about taking pictures, but it's pretty clear that sending thugs after anyone with a camera is not generally accepted on public streets.
abordick
Organization: PiKA
Graduation Year: 1994

Post by abordick »

Dandy
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
Graduation Year: 1981

Post by Dandy »

Are the buggy rules posted somewhere else, also? The link from that site to the .pdf file doesn't seem to work.

I would love to see your pictures, Derek!
hvincent
Organization: Pioneers
2nd Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2009

Post by hvincent »

in response to last year's creation of pikabuggy.com, my org spent an entire day of rolls getting everyone to bring a camera and line up along hill 5 to snap pictures as pika's buggies went by. i got some pretty good closeups; i'd encourage you to post yours, too :)
Vincent Zeng

Pioneers Chair '09
CIA Chair '08
Driver for Life
itsjscott
Organization: PiKA
Graduation Year: 2000

Post by itsjscott »

There is already on PiKA fanboy site... let's do our best to not turn this forum into a second one. I think we can all agree that one is enough.

Kudos on following up on the BAA initiative everyone... the site looks great and I'll do my part to spread the word about this forum.