Carnival Expectations

lemuroid
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
2nd Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 1987

Re: Carnival Expectations

Post by lemuroid »

Today is sunday, and it is still early on the west coast, so I am a little slow. That said, I cannot find any data here or elsewhere to let me know the following:

WHEN IS BUGGY THIS YEAR?

Given that I am expected to be there and live on the mic in the chute, I need to know this. Given the nature of this site, it should be front in center. Either I am still suffering from the effects of carbondisulfide and polyester resin exposure or this site is missing something.

Also, being prior to any spring rolls, and lacking any data on pushers, buggies or roll times, I feel totally qualified to make this prediction:

Tom Schurr narrowly beats Jack Barr with a time of 26.994
2008 results

and

Spirit wins with a time of 2:07 and change.

This is based on the following:
  • Spirit's apparent resurgance last year
    An expected drop in performance by sdc and pka due to graduation.
    Barr's wheels being toast after the treatment they received last year.
Carl Nott
Organization: Spirit
Graduation Year: 1998

Post by Carl Nott »

lemuroid wrote: WHEN IS BUGGY THIS YEAR?
April 16-18. Same weekend as Coachella. Paul McCartney is headlining so you can go hang out and get hammered with some other old white guys and talk about how things used to be awesome in the old days. Or you could go to Coachella.
lemuroid wrote:carbondisulfide

That explains those trace readings I found on those rubber samples in the chute... background contamination...
lemuroid wrote:polyester resin
Liar. ;)
lemuroid wrote:Tom Schurr narrowly beats Jack Barr with a time of 26.994
My money is on the team with the crazy guy who cold-called me at work to talk about PiKA's tires.

As for buggy, eh, we'll see if Spirit can find the button that makes the buggies fast and their pushers show up. ;)
swiftsam
Site Admin
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2004

Post by swiftsam »

lemuroid wrote: Given that I am expected to be there and live on the mic in the chute, I need to know this. Given the nature of this site, it should be front in center. Either I am still suffering from the effects of carbondisulfide and polyester resin exposure or this site is missing something.
You're right, and it's crazy how hard that was to find. I happened to know, but it does seem funny that finding the sweepstakes page, the cmu carnival page, and the buggy alumni page were all insufficient for answering the question. We're doing our part now
Dandy
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
Graduation Year: 1981

Post by Dandy »

Carl,

Tom Schurr narrowly beats Jack Barr with a time of 26.994

My money is on the team with the crazy guy who cold-called me at work to talk about PiKA's tires.

If I e-mail you (instead of calling you at work) will you tell me, what you told that "Crazy Guy" from the Ultimate, about PiKa's wheels??

Dan
Carl Nott
Organization: Spirit
Graduation Year: 1998

Post by Carl Nott »

Dandy wrote:If I e-mail you (instead of calling you at work) will you tell me, what you told that "Crazy Guy" from the Ultimate, about PiKa's wheels??
Sorry, access to the Carl database follows the law of increasing relative cost.
abordick
Organization: PiKA
Graduation Year: 1994

Post by abordick »

I'll tell you everything you need to know. They're round and used to be made of rubber. (see movie "A Christmas Story")