Current Org Chairs

Carl Nott
Organization: Spirit
Graduation Year: 1998

Current Org Chairs

Post by Carl Nott »

Is there a list someplace of the current chairs of all the buggy orgs?
swiftsam
Site Admin
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2004

Re: Current Org Chairs

Post by swiftsam »

I'm sure sweepstakes has that list, but we don't. As far as I know sweepstakes doesn't make such a list public, but I bet you could ask buggy@andrew.cmu.edu.

The bigger question is what does Carl have in mind that requires all the current org chairs' contact information. cases of scotch all around?
Carl Nott

Post by Carl Nott »

Oh, this was a theoretical safety thing. Like, say, the Spirit kids did something that released a lot of toxic fumes. It might be nice to have the contact info for SDC's chair so that he can be warned that SDC mechanics might need respirators to enter the SDC buggy room (owing to the awesomely intelligent vent design for the buggy rooms in the New Dorms).
galexkeene
Organization: SDC
Graduation Year: 2008

Post by galexkeene »

i know email is the new hip thing... but an equally easy solution is walking the 15 feet and taping a piece of paper to the door with such a message... /snark

i do appreciate the availability for other orgs contact info to each other, of course. i would think the current kids all have it, even if the alums don't. there is always the post to the bboard if all else fails, right?
Carl Nott

Post by Carl Nott »

This was solved by standing outside and smoking until someone with an SDC shirt walked by and asking him for a phone number. I figured it was nicer than leaving a note or a post as, well, calling someone to tell him that you shit on his porch is usually better received than leaving a note. In my experience.
galexkeene
Organization: SDC
Graduation Year: 2008

Post by galexkeene »

ah, kudos to you then. and since i didn't mention it before i will second the fact that the "vent" design between the two rooms is absolutely asinine.

one must ask, from this "experience" of yours, were you giving or receiving the shit?
hvincent
Organization: Pioneers
2nd Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2009

Post by hvincent »

There's no centralized list as fast as I've seen, except for the actual chairmen's dlist. Depending on how that dlist is organized, it probably wouldn't be hard to copy/paste it onto ~buggy or something. I could ask about it at Chairmen's tonight.

CIA garage generally keeps a phone number that leads to the garage phone posted on the NHB door (which was apparently used as a bulletin to CIA mechanics about a month and a half ago...); I've seen similar signs posted by other NHB orgs once in a while.
Vincent Zeng

Pioneers Chair '09
CIA Chair '08
Driver for Life
Carl Nott

Post by Carl Nott »

galexkeene wrote:one must ask, from this "experience" of yours, were you giving or receiving the shit?
Sorry, that was a lie to make a comedic point. I lie a lot about buggy: 'No that's not carcinogenic.', 'I've never heard of berylliosis; grab that hacksaw.', 'I did not have sexual relations with that woman.'.