New Website!

galexkeene
Organization: SDC
Graduation Year: 2008

Re: New Website!

Post by galexkeene »

More error funtime!

Please see http://cmubuggy.org/history/org/sdc#trophies where SDC is listed as getting 1st and 3rd place, both M and W.

Obviously your code is not recognizing the blanks from day 2 for SDC (strangely Fringe is also listed as 1st for 2010 on their org page, not sure how we can both be first, weird algorithm).
revo
Organization: Fringe
2nd Organization: Sweepstakes
Graduation Year: 2000

Post by revo »

galexkeene wrote:More error funtime!

Please see http://cmubuggy.org/history/org/sdc#trophies where SDC is listed as getting 1st and 3rd place, both M and W.

Obviously your code is not recognizing the blanks from day 2 for SDC (strangely Fringe is also listed as 1st for 2010 on their org page, not sure how we can both be first, weird algorithm).
there are some other similar issues with times not existing (e.g. 2004 there is no Fringe A men's times) so some combination of DQs and 2 days of races are messing with Sam's queries.
ahundt
Organization: Sweepstakes
2nd Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2009

Post by ahundt »

Fantastic site! The new homepage is 100x better! Great work!
Andrew Hundt
Sweepstakes Chairman 2009 | Head Judge 2010 | Fringe Mechanic 2006, 2007, 2008 | Fringe Pusher 2006, 2007
DangerMike
2nd Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 1998

Post by DangerMike »

Sam: As always, great job. I've got the fever, and you may not have the cure, but you've got the cooling salve I need.

What I would love to see added to the site is the ability to tag pictures and/or videos with buggies (org:buggy or org:unknown), years, and people. In a perfect world, these would not be free-form tags, but rather pulled from the lists of organizations, buggies, and people already in your DB. I know that people data is a huge project in itself, but perhaps this would be a way to allow suggestions into the system, to be validated and/or merged later.
blue
Graduation Year: 2013

Post by blue »

I really like this idea. I'm most excited about the possibility of buggy name and org tagging--people are hard to keep track of, and generally I either know them or I'm only mildly interested in who is in each picture. But it seems like tagging buggies in particular could start to tie in with search results. That way, instead of just whatever picture is attached to that buggies 'history' page showing up on a search, we might be able to get bigger variety and more up-to-date pictures for buggies. I think that would be particularly helpful with new buggies coming out (pictures they're tagged in could show up even if they don't have a complete history page yet), and also with orgs repainting their buggies over the years (particularly Spirit).
blue

Post by blue »

Just commented on a picture and it made me realize--that box is ridiculously small. Any way to at least make it any bigger?
(I'm using Chrome if that makes a difference)
TommyK
Graduation Year: 2001

Post by TommyK »

blue wrote:Just commented on a picture and it made me realize--that box is ridiculously small. Any way to at least make it any bigger?
(I'm using Chrome if that makes a difference)
should have a draggable corner tab to make it bigger, but yeah, the default is tiny, what is it a comment box for ants?
blue

Post by blue »

oh awesome, thanks. somehow I completely missed that little draggable corner do-dah.
CrzRsn
Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 2012

Post by CrzRsn »

Just thought of an idea, but I don't know how difficult it would be to implement.

A photo tagging system, like facebook's, but for buggies rather than people.
TommyK
Graduation Year: 2001

Post by TommyK »

http://cmubuggy.org/history/raceday/2009#finalsheats

The Fringe and Pika reroll heats are listed twice ... the second listing is their time from the original heat ...