Ready for another year of buggy

DeVos
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2010

Ready for another year of buggy

Post by DeVos »

I've heard that next weekend is the (tentative) first weekend of rolls. With that information, I immediately began the alumni pasttime of wondering what this year will bring.

What orgs will/won't make it back to the course?
Who will build?
Will the roads be repaved?
Is the UAA track meet on Raceday? (According to the schedule I saw, it's not)
DeVos
Graduation Year: 2010

Re: Ready for another year of buggy

Post by DeVos »

Hmm, no one has any opinions? I find that hard to believe.

I think the big question marks on returning orgs are Apex, DeltaForce, SAE, and SigNu. Apex seemed very enthusiastic about building last year but have they spent the summer working or dreaming? With the loan of Insite over (I assume), they no longer have a rollable buggy so the build will have to be mostly complete at this point if they're planning on rolling in the fall. DeltaForce's loan of KDR's Perun is also over based on the original terms. That puts them in the same awkward situation with less apparent enthusiasm for building. Will DTD have another false start?

SAE and SigNu don't have the issues with buggy availability-just pusher/mechanic motivation. They've been low on manpower only making appearances in the spring.

Long shots-Beta could make a comeback, KDR's suspension is up (I think) so they could theoretically start recolonizing.
Jerry
Graduation Year: 2013

Re: Ready for another year of buggy

Post by Jerry »

Here's what I have to contribute:

Rumors (and bold statements from buggy chairs) suggest that we might see new buggies coming out in the fall from Apex, Spirit, and SigEp.

In terms of spring buggies, CIA is building (that's no secret!) and for all I know, Fringe plans to not break their 15-some year streak. Where it gets interesting is that *apparently* both Apex and SigEp might ALSO debut spring buggies as well as their new fall ones.

SDC will probably field a new buggy after not doing so last year, but they ain't tellin' me nothin'.

No idea if Pike will build, but they will be out in the fall.

As for the smaller orgs, I don't believe Delta Force is returning. I've heard that SigNu is still looking for a driver, and that SAE will be out in the spring. This means that we'd be down to the six "big" teams for the start of the fall, and no one else.

---------------------------------------------------

The veracity of the above statements is not guaranteed! Disseminate these rumors at your own risk.