When do Fall Freerolls start?

Elmo Zoneball
Organization: SAE
Graduation Year: 1979
Location: Bottom of Flagstaff, watching the chute, collecting samples...

When do Fall Freerolls start?

Post by Elmo Zoneball »

Anybody know what the schedule is for Fall FR?
"I love the smell of solvents in the morning -- they smell like... victory."
hvincent
Organization: Pioneers
2nd Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2009

Re: When do Fall Freerolls start?

Post by hvincent »

From the sweepstakes email this year:
Buggy Freeroll Practices

The annual Buggy free roll practices will start Sunday, September 21, 2014. Practices take place on Saturdays (5am to 8:50 am) and Sundays (5am to 9am) on Tech Street, Frew Street and Schenley Drive (weather permitting). The Sweepstakes Committee and advisor in charge of the event have taken care of obtaining permits from the City of Pittsburgh, obtaining permission for use of the metered areas and taking care of signage and safety. Four Pittsburgh City Officers will be present for each date from 5am-9am (roads will close at 5am). They are positioned at the far end of Westinghouse Drive; behind Carnegie Library by the bridge; Panther Hollow Bridge; and at the top of Schenley Drive by Forbes Avenue near the Golf Course. Margaret Morrison Street is closed after Donner House (at the stop sign).

The following dates are scheduled for the free roll practices (weather permitting):

September: 21, 27

October: 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26

November: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 22, 23

February: 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28

March: 1,7 8, 14, 15, 21, 28, 29

April: 4, 5, 11, 12

During these times, vehicles will not be able to access or park on these roads. The Sweepstakes Committee will work with City Officers to tow any vehicles parked on the above roads. We know that this can be inconvenient for many members of the campus community. We appreciate your understanding. Please contact Kaycee Palko, Coordinator of Student Activities and Sweepstakes Advisor, at kpalko@andrew.cmu.edu or 412.268.8704 with any issues or concerns. For information on Sweepstakes, please visit: cmu.edu/buggy.

Save the Date

Spring Carnival – Buggy Races: April 17 & 18, 2015 (Rain Date: April 19)

Margaret Morrison, Tech Street, Schenley Drive, Frew Street, Panther Hollow Bridge, & East & West Circuit Road will be closed from 5am to 1:00pm.
Vincent Zeng

Pioneers Chair '09
CIA Chair '08
Driver for Life
Ben
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2011

Re: When do Fall Freerolls start?

Post by Ben »

Indeed there were rolls this past weekend! Unfortunately I was out of town so I'm still collecting notes from people that were there. Expect a post to go up tomorrow at the normal time.

If anyone managed to get some pictures, please email news@cmubuggy.org and I'll make sure there's an album up for you to upload to.