2015 ELECTIONS

Ben
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2011

2015 ELECTIONS

Post by Ben »

It's time we had some actual elections. Post nominations here.

We're working on creating some new projects and outreach positions details will be coming in a post next week.

No matter where you are, there are always ways you can contribute to buggy and help make it as awesome as it deserves to be.

Nominate yourself, nominate your friends, nominate your enemies!
bjc
Organization: SigEp
Graduation Year: 2012

Re: 2015 ELECTIONS

Post by bjc »

To what positions would we be electing people?
Ben
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2011

Post by Ben »

Currently listed in our "about" page:

Chairman (prez)
Ass't Chairman
Head Mechanic (web)
Treasurer

If you have a specific position you think you could feel, even if it's not listed, anyone is more than welcome to add it.
abordick
Organization: PiKA
Graduation Year: 1994

Post by abordick »

The BAA has evolved over time. Some of the most useful tasks maybe could become positions. Sam, I think, is the head thumb. The person coordinating the timing activities to ensure that times are accurately taken on raceday. It's been working great in the past few years and I think he's the reason.

The jumbotrons are amazing. I think they really bring more people out because you can park your butt in the chute or at 1/5 and see the entire race. Who makes that happen? Should we have a jumbotron/lead truck auction position?

For me, I love the broadcast. I am passionate on connecting actual, real analysis of the sport to the spectators on the hills, and to those watching on line. The interface to cmuTV and WRCT varies every year based upon what undergrads are there, but the alums maintain more consistency and have a broader view of success. Perhaps the broadcast efforts could be a position?

Carnival Weekend Buggy events is a big draw. Panels, history sessions, happy hours, lunches. Is that the PR job? Maybe that's one.

I'm just throwing out ideas, but our activities should turn organization constructs into functional leads. No?

Bordick. I'm old.