Hey SigNu

McCue
Organization: Sweepstakes
2nd Organization: KDR
Graduation Year: 2007

Hey SigNu

Post by McCue »

Why aren't you rolling this year? Is it because you beat pika and decided to go out on a high note or something?

(This is what I am hearing from the current kids, that SN isn't rolling this year. They should reconsider.)
the cook
Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 1987

Re: Hey SigNu

Post by the cook »

Crikey!

What are Estes and I to do with the huge sack of smokin'-zero-error-and-pika-like-its-their-job wheels?
TXDERBY
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
Graduation Year: 0

Post by TXDERBY »

McCue wrote:Why aren't you rolling this year? Is it because you beat pika and decided to go out on a high note or something?

(This is what I am hearing from the current kids, that SN isn't rolling this year. They should reconsider.)
Maybe because Sigma Nu decided to quit while they were ahead (i.e. how likely is it that Sigma Nu will have anther change to brag endlessly about passing a severely damage PiKA car?)
abordick
Organization: PiKA
Graduation Year: 1994

Post by abordick »

Guess you'll just have to snuggle up with them at night, like you do with all those 6th place trophies.
lemuroid
2nd Organization: SigNu

Post by lemuroid »

TXDERBY wrote:
Maybe because Sigma Nu decided to quit while they were ahead (i.e. how likely is it that Sigma Nu will have anther change to brag endlessly about passing a severely damage PiKA car?)

We spend much more time bragging about beating you at derby.
abordick

Post by abordick »

Funny, I don't recall seeing a Pika buggy at the derby. Nor do I recall seeing 5 pushers pushing a buggy. That place is a fun place to play around, but Pika is not trying to win a soap box derby.
spagsRulz
2nd Organization: Sweepstakes
Graduation Year: 0

Post by spagsRulz »

abordick wrote:Guess you'll just have to snuggle up with them at night, like you do with all those 6th place trophies.
Pff... we haven't won a 6th place trophy in like 3 years
ipmcc
Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 2000

Post by ipmcc »

It may be premature to declare that they are "not rolling" this year, however they are low on numbers, and word on the street is that they've decided to make buggy participation "optional" this year. As a former Zoo Buggy chairman, I predict that unless one of those two things changes, it will ultimately lead to "not rolling on race day." I encourage them to prove me wrong.
lemuroid
2nd Organization: SigNu

Post by lemuroid »

abordick wrote:Funny, I don't recall seeing a Pika buggy at the derby. Nor do I recall seeing 5 pushers pushing a buggy. That place is a fun place to play around, but Pika is not trying to win a soap box derby.
Andy,

Sorry, I was unclear.

I was replying to TXderby who is a part of Zero error racing, our main rival this year at derby. You may know them as the group that supplied PKA with wheels you did not use on raceday in 2009 and they guys who have helped SDC eat your lunch in the past few years.

Anyway, while I did see a few PKA brothers there (as observers) and some wheels that look similar to wheels PKA has used in the past on a car int he race, I agree that that does not constitute an effort by PKA at derby.

Mark
abordick

Post by abordick »

Oh, sorry about the confusion.

Wait, you saw active brothers there?! They should be in the basement making dust. I see I have some phone calls to make.

Hey, kick those Zoo boys in the butt and get them out there. Pare back the workload. Come on, how can Sig Nu just opt out? Isn't there a long line of alumni who will be arriving to 'encourage' them to participate?