Hey SigNu

Elmo Zoneball
Organization: SAE
Graduation Year: 1979
Location: Bottom of Flagstaff, watching the chute, collecting samples...

Re: Hey SigNu

Post by Elmo Zoneball »

Any rumors/insights into what the PKTs are doing with their buggies/tools/wheels etc.?

Is there going to be a Fire Sale (No pun intended)? Or are the alumni going to step in to preserve things, in case of a come-back?

"Streak" should be preserved as a work of art, if nothing else.
"I love the smell of solvents in the morning -- they smell like... victory."
wook
Organization: PhiKap
Graduation Year: 1999

Post by wook »

Elmo Zoneball wrote:Any rumors/insights into what the PKTs are doing with their buggies/tools/wheels etc.?
Sorry, you can't have em :) .. Yes, we will be preserving things.
PKT Racing (Mechanic 1995-1999, Co-Chair '98, Chairman PKT Alumni Racing Company)
Celerity '98 - 2:11.60 (House Record) and 1st Place Design
Black is the fastest color. ('98) | We run a tight ship. ('99) | Finishing Races since 2003 ('04)
nbonaddio
Organization: KDR
Graduation Year: 2006

Post by nbonaddio »

I've calmed down in my time away, so here is a respectful, tactful comment:

My condolences to PKT. It's not fun. Regroup when the time is right. As far as Zoo, it will be a lesser raceday without them. There are a lot of organizations that yearn desperately to roll - can you guess which one I'm referencing? - so to have the opportunity and waste it is a shame. That said, I know what it's like to be an impassioned Alumni with a how full of fuckup actives, so..

Not to get ahead of myself and/or hijack the thread, but I will put the chances of KDR rolling Raceday 2012 at 50/50. It would be nice to see some of our old rivals there.
Jmohin
Organization: SigEp
Graduation Year: 2010

Post by Jmohin »

Re-Colonization in the works? Or just a buggy team with no chartered organization? I'm for it either way. If you can't tell us I understand, those colony rumors are kept secret usually
lemuroid
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
2nd Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 1987

Post by lemuroid »

nbonaddio wrote: ...I will put the chances of KDR rolling Raceday 2012 at 50/50....
I give the zoo about the same chance (50/50) of being at raceday 2011.
I<3Buggy
Graduation Year: 2011

Post by I<3Buggy »

Finally can post on the forum.

I mentioned this earlier in the comments of one of the Roll Reports, but I think it needs repeating here.
SigNu may be up to something. They were working in their garage all day yesterday and late into the night. First time I’ve seen them work with the garage door open. There were a bunch of guys toiling over a buggy sized thing all day.
the cook
Organization: SigNu

Post by the cook »

we don't need no steeenking fall rolls..
lemuroid

Post by lemuroid »

I<3Buggy wrote:Finally can post on the forum.

I mentioned this earlier in the comments of one of the Roll Reports, but I think it needs repeating here.
Sigma Nu may be up to something. They were working in their garage all day yesterday and late into the night. First time I’ve seen them work with the garage door open. There were a bunch of guys toiling over a buggy sized thing all day.
When I was in the buggy room for a few minutes back in early July (picking up some wheels for derby), Peej tried to draw my attention away from a drawing on the wall. I only caught a quick look at something called the "Skua-bong". I suspect they are hard at work converting Skua in to the ultimate peace pipe.
I<3Buggy
Graduation Year: 2011

Post by I<3Buggy »

lemuroid wrote:
I<3Buggy wrote:Finally can post on the forum.

Sigma Nu may be up to something. They were working in their garage all day yesterday and late into the night. First time I’ve seen them work with the garage door open. There were a bunch of guys toiling over a buggy sized thing all day.
When I was in the buggy room for a few minutes back in early July (picking up some wheels for derby), Peej tried to draw my attention away from a drawing on the wall. I only caught a quick look at something called the "Skua-bong". I suspect they are hard at work converting Skua in to the ultimate peace pipe.
I don't know. What I saw wasn't a black buggy. It was more of a yellow buggy-sized block.
lemuroid

Post by lemuroid »

I<3Buggy wrote:
lemuroid wrote:
I don't know. What I saw wasn't a black buggy. It was more of a yellow buggy-sized block.
A giant yellow buggy-sized block of blond hashish, no doubt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashish
Attachments
blond hash.JPG
blond hash.JPG (3.07 KiB) Viewed 8196 times