Hey SigNu

GraydonL
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2010

Re: Hey SigNu

Post by GraydonL »

McCue wrote:why the hell don't I have a house anymore? We never lit anyone on fire or kidnapped/harangued chickens, etc. etc., and we were the first ones to be kicked off.
Perhaps you should be flattered they hold you to a higher standard than any other fraternity. Also possible, there are political reasons you and I are not privy to. You also could have tried getting in bed with more influential orgs.
swiftsam
Site Admin
Graduation Year: 2004

Post by swiftsam »

McCue wrote: and we were the first ones to be kicked off.
I'm curious what your definition of "first ones to be kicked off" is. All I can figure is that there is an implied "... in the arbitrary time period I chose which starts the week before we were kicked off" because it doesn't seem like kicking frats off campus is any sort of a new invention.

also, the story I heard for PhiKap's trouble was really impressive. If true, it seems like the chickens were the least of their problems.
lemuroid
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
2nd Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 1987

Post by lemuroid »

swiftsam wrote: I'm curious what your definition of "first ones to be kicked off" is. All I can figure is that there is an implied "... in the arbitrary time period I chose which starts the week before we were kicked off" because it doesn't seem like kicking frats off campus is any sort of a new invention.
Sam is correct:

Since my day the departed include: ATO, DU, Pi-LAM, DTD, ZBT and KS. All came before the more recent nukings of TX, KDR and PKT.

I continue to be amazed that SN has avoided the noose for all these years.
Jmohin
Organization: SigEp

Post by Jmohin »

Makes me very sad to hear about phikap.
It's especially hard losing yet another greek team from buggy, what with signu not participating.

In happier news, I heard Sigma Chi is trying to charter, and DTD got enough manpower this rush to make a more dedicated attempt at buggy someday (but maybe not this season). Maybe the greek/independent balance will swing (by my count it's half/half right now), with teams like AEPI having more success, and DTD coming back next season, and dare I say KKG/ZBT with those nice whites.

The sub-story here is that they probably will give PhiKap's house to AXO, which is great for them and all, but since a sorority will never ever get the noose, it will soon be the sorority quad, not the frat quad.
I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm sure plenty of people are upset about it... I guess we can just cross our fingers that more sororities do buggy!
McCue
Organization: Sweepstakes
2nd Organization: KDR
Graduation Year: 2007

Post by McCue »

That's a pretty valid criticism actually (sam and estes). I think I'm drawing a pretty fine line betweeen DTD/KS's departure and the rash of suspensions going on now (KDR/TX/PKT), and this fine line is drawn exactly where I graduated.

Even so, it seemed like quite a stretch between DTD getting kicked off and whoever was before them. There is a little bit of a pattern here.

@Graydon: I do not want to be held to a higher standard. And whatever your bed comment refers to.... you'll have to be way more specific.
galexkeene
Organization: SDC
Graduation Year: 2008

Post by galexkeene »

I way out of my element as far as frat crap goes, but I thought I remembered hearing that for DTD it was their national charter that was revoked by DTD itself and not CMU kicking them off.

Maybe CMU would have kicked them anyway so it's a moot point, but if you saw their offenses (whatever they were) as too minor to deserve being kicked off, maybe it wasn't actually CMU but DTD itself that had the lower tolerance for tomfoolery.

But yeah, no idea the validity of that, just some foggy memory I have.

P.S. Chickens? Fire? There has to be a good story in there.
SigNuSi
Organization: SigNu

Post by SigNuSi »

Well Estes, I guess carnival is gonna suck this year. I can't believe that SigNu isn't rolling, especially when they were planning on producing a new buggy with the next year or so. I don't want to be the last buggy chicken that actually knew how to make them wheels get movin'. I guess I'll at least have the PiKA pass to remember, along with good times that I spent on the truck with tough mechanics who actually gave a fuck about SN buggy. Sure I mechanic'd during the late years, the forgettable years, but we were at least proud that we were out on the course and we didn't give a fuck about anyone else out there - we were Sigma Nu and if you had a problem with it then fuck you. To Estes and The Cook - thanks for the help over the years. That were some people that cared.

-Brett Z.

---------EDIT---------
This will be the first Zooless raceday in 89 years.
"...you're telling me that there is literally shit flowing down the back hills?"
GraydonL

Post by GraydonL »

SigNuSi wrote:This will be the first Zooless raceday in 89 years.
What about convincing them to come out only in the spring? Same goes for DTD and Kappa. Is Beta banished or did they decide to pull out?

One of our goals is to get more people into buggy. Couldn't we puppeteer at least one org out of the four mentioned above?
lemuroid
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
2nd Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 1987

Post by lemuroid »

SigNuSi wrote: To Estes and The Cook - thanks for the help over the years.
Baz,
It has been fun. I am proud of your efforts over the past 2 years. While the results may not show it. You had those buggys moving. It was good to meet peej and the rest of the crew who were making it happen. I was happy to hear about the new buggy plans as well. While this is sad news, I look at this as the zoo taking a break rather than giving up forever. Forever is a long time. They may even come back in the spring for all I know. Either way, this is their choice to make. Buggy is a lot of work and as an org, you have to want it.

I will probably be there in 2011 any case.
Carl Nott
Organization: Spirit
Graduation Year: 1998

Post by Carl Nott »

I clawed through the stupid 'Login/Not logged in' crap for 10 minutes so I could post.

Sorry to hear that the Zoo is taking a break. Glad to hear y'all are still on campus though and hope you can, whatever the word is, 'rush' (?) more 'pledges' and get back out there in the spring.