New Website!

galexkeene
Organization: SDC
Graduation Year: 2008

Re: New Website!

Post by galexkeene »

Noticed that the RSS feed doesn't seem to be picking anything up in the last few days. You have 30 hours to fix this, get going!
hvincent
Organization: Pioneers
2nd Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2009

Post by hvincent »

is anyone else unable to upload photos, or is that just me?
Vincent Zeng

Pioneers Chair '09
CIA Chair '08
Driver for Life
TommyK
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2001

Post by TommyK »

hvincent wrote:is anyone else unable to upload photos, or is that just me?
I tried uploading a pic of the giant green blob heading to pittsburgh - no go - file error
ms01814
Organization: Beta
Graduation Year: 1982

Post by ms01814 »

Yep. Unable to add photos from today.
mldarm
Organization: Sweepstakes
2nd Organization: KDR
Graduation Year: 2000

Post by mldarm »

I'm also having problems uploading pics. Thought it might just be my machine, which has been exceptionally slow this morning.

Also, not all of the pages have the countdown clock working properly. Some say 52 weeks, some say -74 hours.
ms01814
Organization: Beta
Graduation Year: 1982

Post by ms01814 »

Firefox was hit or miss, but Internet Explorer seems to work.
tbach0729

Post by tbach0729 »

The registration/login system seems a bit messed up. Logging out of the site (the box below the menu) doesn't log you out of the forums, and I'm not sure registration syncs correctly either. Another member of my org registered via the main site and cannot access the forum (he never gets logged in to it)
swiftsam
Site Admin
Graduation Year: 2004

Post by swiftsam »

mldarm wrote:I'm also having problems uploading pics. Thought it might just be my machine, which has been exceptionally slow this morning.
Sorry about the picture upload problems. It definitely works for some people which always makes it harder to troubleshoot. Anyhow, there is apparently a bug in the new gallery software we're using.

I have downgraded to a simpler, less convenient, but more reliable uploading system. You can now upload 3 pictures at a time the old-fashioned way, but it works like a charm. Please do upload pictures, and let me know if this method is too tedious. If you can put your pictures in a dropbox or get them to me some other way, I can import them in bulk.
mldarm wrote:Also, not all of the pages have the countdown clock working properly. Some say 52 weeks, some say -74 hours.
thanks, fixed.
swiftsam
Site Admin

Post by swiftsam »

blue wrote:Just commented on a picture and it made me realize--that box is ridiculously small.
Fixed!
swiftsam
Site Admin

Post by swiftsam »

galexkeene wrote:EXIF and other info (time stamp, etc) would be great to be able to get to easily in the gallery. I assume it's an option you can turn on, even if it's a link you have to click through to see the info instead of having it displayed by default.
rlbrowne wrote:I also miss being able to zoom all the way into the images. Would it be possible to bring that feature back?
I added a block of features at the bottom of each gallery page that should hit both of these requests and add in a couple of bonuses. It's not the prettiest, but there are now buttons to download a full size copy of the image, show the exif info, and play a slideshow!

OK, I think that's the end of my break for today. Back to grad-school damage control