New Website!

swiftsam
Site Admin
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2004

Re: New Website!

Post by swiftsam »

DeVos wrote: There are a number of links in the CIA Buggies section that all point the same video of Mirage in-buggy camera footage. Black Magic, Spectre, Stealth, Conquest, Mirage, and Quasar all have links that purport to be race videos and are instead that one. A quick check of other orgs shows that Fringe's Blizzard, PiKA's Nemesis, and SDC's Avarice, Malice, and Psychosis all do too meaning that there are probably others.
chipping away at bugs ... this one should be fixed now. If there is no video associated with a buggy or heat, it will no longer show the cmuTV credits from 2004. FYI, 0 != NULL.
blue
Graduation Year: 2013

Post by blue »

I'm not sure what in the worl id causing it, but there's some definite wonkyness in how chrome is rendering the main cmubuggy.org page. here's an image since I'm not sure how to properly describe it:

swiftsam
Site Admin

Post by swiftsam »

oh my, how embarrassing. luckily the solution is easy: hit f5 / refresh the page.

the problem is just the browser using the old css style instructions to display a freeroll schedule which is much improved. thanks for asking, I'm sure you're not the only one that was seeing it.

also, thank you for the screenshot and good explanation of the problem!
galexkeene
Organization: SDC
Graduation Year: 2008

Post by galexkeene »

Hi Sam.

Just a small note on the gallery bug. Yes I am still seeing it in Chrome for direct links to image pages, so that's not new I guess.

I did discover however, at least in Chrome, that by clicking another link (I clicked Gallery) and then just hitting the Back button, the picture would then load. I didn't have to navigate all the way to the picture manually. Seems a nice short cut I wanted to point out. (This worked for me for two different image pages, both times hitting Gallery and then Back)
swiftsam
Site Admin

Post by swiftsam »

Nice, good find Keene. That bug is driving me crazy, but so far I haven't figured it out at all.

For what it's worth, if anyone is feeling php-inclined, my description of the problem is here in the gallery3 forums: http://gallery.menalto.com/node/104026

in the mean time, I'll update the error instructions to this easier work-around
CrzRsn
Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 2012

Post by CrzRsn »

Site seems borked again.

Tried refreshing it, as well as clearing my cache and refreshing it.
swiftsam
Site Admin

Post by swiftsam »

thanks for the report CrzRsn (Crazy Raisin?, Cruizin Russian?). It's something that has happened a couple of times now caused by the rolls status module. Some combinations of the current date and upcoming dates causes it to go totally wacko and mess up the rest of the page. I couldn't figure out the specific problem so I'm mid-way through redoing a less temperamental version.
TommyK
Graduation Year: 2001

Post by TommyK »

rolling status is bomb yo.
ahundt
Organization: Sweepstakes
2nd Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2009

Post by ahundt »

I was looking for where to submit corrections and improvements to the history section. Kaycee Palko's name is spelled incorrectly as Kaycie Palko. That led me to another problem, and I can't find where to post bugs, but cmubuggy.org/reference is broken in chrome on mac os x.

Internal error

Passwords must be at least 1 character.

Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/cmubuggy.org/mediawiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(381): User->setPassword('')
#1 /var/www/cmubuggy.org/mediawiki/includes/AuthPlugin_SSO.php(337): LoginForm->initUser(Object(User))
#2 [internal function]: Auth_sso_user_hook()
#3 /var/www/cmubuggy.org/mediawiki/includes/Setup.php(370): call_user_func('Auth_sso_user_h...')
#4 /var/www/cmubuggy.org/mediawiki/includes/WebStart.php(132): require_once('/var/www/cmubug...')
#5 /var/www/cmubuggy.org/mediawiki/index.php(42): require_once('/var/www/cmubug...')
#6 {main}
Andrew Hundt
Sweepstakes Chairman 2009 | Head Judge 2010 | Fringe Mechanic 2006, 2007, 2008 | Fringe Pusher 2006, 2007
swiftsam
Site Admin

Post by swiftsam »

posting bugs in this thread is fine, or if you want to be even awesomer, you can post them here in github where the coding actually happens:
https://github.com/swiftsam/cmubuggy.org/issues

That error looks like a log-in problem (not likely to be browser or OS related I don't think). Try logging out and back in and see how the reference section likes you then.