Derby Ultimate Race Date: July 23, 2011

lemuroid
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
2nd Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 1987

Derby Ultimate Race Date: July 23, 2011

Post by lemuroid »

The All American Soap Box Derby, which features the Ultimate Speed Challenge is scheduled for July 23 2011. Why should a buggy fan care? Mucho wheel tech used at CMU of late, has roots in this race. There are a host of photos in the Gallery from recent USC activities. Lemuroid and the Cook will be defending our 2010 title and track record. Also, there is a new race later in the week (run by the NDR, which is not the same as the AA) for similar 'ultimate' cars using stock plastic xootr wheels that might interest some folks.
lemuroid

Re: Derby Ultimate Race Date: July 23, 2011

Post by lemuroid »

races will be broadcast on ustream on July 23. First heat of the day is 9 am. I do not know when the ultimate speed cars will run. we are mixed in during the day.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aasbd-live-74th-2011

There were several new flavors of wheels on hand at the June practice so it should be interesting.
lemuroid

Post by lemuroid »

Race reaults: CSR/SN racing takes top 2 spots, ZE backed car 3rd. Track record lowered to 26.585 (a big drop).

Photo links
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidseitzinger/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20599388@N ... 140578959/
TXDERBY
Graduation Year: 0

Post by TXDERBY »

Note that the 3rd place AASBD USC car raced Sunday and did not place.

There was a bigger "gap" between Jamie on and the AASBD USC 3rd place car on Sunday than there was between the first and third place AASBD USC cars on Saturday. The AASBD USC 3rd place car was driven Sunday by one of the most experienced and proven derby drivers.

This means that Jamie would have won the 2011 AASBD if she had not aged out.

Jamie, her car and team are truly the "Ultimate".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidseitz ... 7282026732
lemuroid wrote:Race reaults: CSR/SN racing takes top 2 spots, ZE backed car 3rd. Track record lowered to 26.585 (a big drop).

Photo links
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidseitzinger/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20599388@N ... 140578959/
lemuroid

Post by lemuroid »

TXDERBY wrote:
Why do you insist on trying to belittle the achievements of others? Why not be happy with what you have achieved?

Too bad you didn't have the balls to enter the car in the race so we could have beaten you (again).

You failed to mention that we also offered to race head to head and your team backed out.

You failed to mention that the 3rd place car in your "model" was set up to run small wheels and thus handicapped by the larger xootrs changing the ride height.

Yuu also failed to note that the 4th place car was the same car in both races and the 8th place car in the aa race was 2nd in the ndr race. There is no model that can project times from one race to the other.

A better model of what to expect had 2-quick entered the race would be to look at how the best ZE car did in our race vs last year. The delta between our times and your best car in the aa race increased this year by about 25% (0.020 seconds). At best, your car 2-quick would have been 2nd, more likely it would have been 3rd as our b car was strong. I understand your driver aged out but there are 1000s of potential replacement drivers out there so that excuse is weak sauce and she is not that tiny.

You already posted this crap on the ZE site and got a pretty good spanking for it. Give it a rest, ultimate crybaby.
TXDERBY

Post by TXDERBY »

You shameless and classless jerk.

All of your slander noted in today's posts are examples of what you posted first on site and spread behind my back. Despite CMU students present who know everything you say is a lie (there are witnesses you fool) you still state things I did not say or do as fact. You even put on this site my thoughts (not actual words or facts).

This is the kind of BS I have had to endure since you and Dune spread endless lies behind my back. Duane did the same BS and another mother attached me last year (because of Duane's lies behind my back).

You and Duane bring this sport down and you should be ashamed of the lies and slander you have brought to this event. Duane was kicked off our team and you need to get over it and stop the endless lies and provocatively comments on other sites, on CMUBUGGY.ORG and behind my team’s back.

I have no problem with another team winning and moving the challenge to the right each year. I have a problem with your and Duane's disregard for the truth and thus the sport that many have loved and enjoyed long before your darkness ever watched an ultimate car.

If you think I stand alone you are very wrong. You make so many others sick but are afraid knowing that saying anything, no matter how small or insignificant, will result in your venomous and relentless attacks and slander.
lemuroid wrote:
TXDERBY wrote:
Why do you insist on trying to belittle the achievements of others? Why not be happy with what you have achieved?

Too bad you didn't have the balls to enter the car in the race so we could have beaten you (again).

You failed to mention that we also offered to race head to head and your team backed out.

You failed to mention that the 3rd place car in your "model" was set up to run small wheels and thus handicapped by the larger xootrs changing the ride height.

Yuu also failed to note that the 4th place car was the same car in both races and the 8th place car in the aa race was 2nd in the ndr race. There is no model that can project times from one race to the other.

A better model of what to expect had 2-quick entered the race would be to look at how the best ZE car did in our race vs last year. The delta between our times and your best car in the aa race increased this year by about 25% (0.020 seconds). At best, your car 2-quick would have been 2nd, more likely it would have been 3rd as our b car was strong. I understand your driver aged out but there are 1000s of potential replacement drivers out there so that excuse is weak sauce and she is not that tiny.

You already posted this crap on the ZE site and got a pretty good spanking for it. Give it a rest, ultimate crybaby.
TXDERBY

Post by TXDERBY »

TXDERBY wrote:You shameless and classless jerk.

All of your slander noted in today's posts are examples of what you posted first on sites and spread behind my back. Despite CMU students present who know everything you say is a lie (there are witnesses you fool) you still state things I did not say or do as fact. You even put on this site my thoughts (not actual words or facts).

This is the kind of BS I have had to endure since you and Dune spread endless lies behind my back. Duane did the same BS and another mother attached me last year (because of Duane's lies behind my back).

You and Duane bring this sport down and you should be ashamed of the lies and slander you have brought to this event. Duane was kicked off our team and you need to get over it and stop the endless lies and provocatively comments on other sites, on CMUBUGGY.ORG and behind my team’s back.

I have no problem with another team winning and moving the challenge to the right each year. I have a problem with your and Duane's disregard for the truth and thus the sport that many have loved and enjoyed long before your darkness ever watched an ultimate car.

If you think I stand alone you are very wrong. You make so many others sick but are afraid knowing that saying anything, no matter how small or insignificant, will result in your venomous and relentless attacks and slander.
lemuroid wrote:
TXDERBY wrote:

TommyK
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2001

Post by TommyK »

TXDERBY

Post by TXDERBY »

TommyK wrote:why are the stands empty?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidseitz ... 7282026732
Because at NDR the teams are in the pits (not stands). There are over 100 racers (supported by their teams) from across the USA during NDR week.

The NDR race format of lane/wheel swap drives a week of racing.
the cook
Organization: SigNu

Post by the cook »

you'd think after gettin' beat twice, a man would just say "I think them boys are better than me" and move on