Carnival Events - Reception/Roundtable

aitong
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 1998

Carnival Events - Reception/Roundtable

Post by aitong »

The Buggy Alumni Association is starting to plan our carnival events, and we need input. Here are the questions we need people to chime in on

[*] Which would people prefer - a reception or a roundtable discussion with notable buggy alumni? The reception would be catered ( probably a spread from Qdoba or Chipotle ) and just be a chance to shmooze with various alums. The roundtable discussion would consist of asking 5'ish alumni of varied background prepared questions, questions from the audience, and just letting them tell some good buggy stories. Both events would be on campus.
[*] If you prefer a roundtable event, would you be willing to be one of the 5ish alumni who are questioned/telling stories?
[*] Which day (Fri or Sat) would you be able to attend this event? This is another way of asking if you think more people would attend this if we did it on Saturday or Friday.
abordick
Organization: PiKA
Graduation Year: 1994

Re: Carnival Events - Reception/Roundtable

Post by abordick »

I think most people are around on Saturday. However, consider that if an org. besides Pika wins, that they will likely be celebrating Saturday and not in a condition to participate in an intellectual conversation.
Carl Nott
Organization: Spirit
Graduation Year: 1998

Re: Carnival Events - Reception/Roundtable

Post by Carl Nott »

aitong wrote:[*] If you prefer a roundtable event, would you be willing to be one of the 5ish alumni who are questioned/telling stories?
If you listen closely you can hear Tom Felmley having a stroke at the thought of me answering questions at a roundtable event...

Seriously I think an informal format/reception with some informal interesting stuff (if anyone wants to do a weird study of say, who the tallest winning driver was, or some of the insane disk brake setups buggies used to have) taking place on Friday would be best. A more structured or formal setting with questions and answers would make more sense as a Homecoming event, I would think, if the Q&A is supposed to in any way encourage campus participation and fun.

Plus I think most of our stories are best conveyed by shouting in bars while highly intoxicated.