Race Day 2013 Comments....

swiftsam
Site Admin
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2004

Re: Race Day 2013 Comments....

Post by swiftsam »

nbonaddio wrote: Thank your deity of choice that this isn't 1987, where that time would have finished like, 50th.
This is why we have the history section! Correct answer is 22nd
http://cmubuggy.org/history/raceday/1987
swiftsam
Site Admin
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2004

Post by swiftsam »

aepibuggy wrote: One final thing...On cmubuggy this year, there was an "Ask The Broadcasters" feature, but I'm not sure if/how that worked. A couple of suggestions that I know were sent in regarded the Fringe A pushbar DQ replay, and a leaderboard error regarding SDC B and Fringe B in Women's finals. Those were both corrected. However, some of the things sent in, such as questions about the SigEp Fire Safety DQ, or a note I sent in about this being AEPi's first finals ever, went unmentioned. So I don't know if that feature was working, or who was getting it. I kinda got the feeling during the broadcast that cmuTV was getting those requests, but the WRCT folks were not. It's also possible that cmuTV caught the same things that us watching at home did (like the Fringe A pushbar), and showed replays completely unrelated to that feature on the site. But I think that's a nice feature to have and maybe it could be better incorporated next year.
That was my bad. I put the features from last year back into action and just forgot to give the broadcasters the link to see the questions. Glad they got some of them by coincidence
nbonaddio
Organization: KDR
Graduation Year: 2006

Post by nbonaddio »

swiftsam wrote:
nbonaddio wrote: Thank your deity of choice that this isn't 1987, where that time would have finished like, 50th.
This is why we have the history section! Correct answer is 22nd
http://cmubuggy.org/history/raceday/1987
I knew I should have edited that to 1988.
JYuhas
Organization: SAE
Graduation Year: 2010

Post by JYuhas »

Hey Sam, also, I dunno if this is just a number in the wrong spot, but if the times are right these should be switched:

5 Fringe B 2:21.312
6 Spirit B 2:21.133

Who got what hardware?
rlbrowne
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2014

Post by rlbrowne »

Hey, I'd just like to clarify something that was mentioned during the broadcast. CIA has had a total of 3 DQs for "little things" over the past six Racedays, even with a large number of teams for a couple years. I think we've been having pretty clean races, and while every team has something they could clean up better, I don't think we've been doing too badly ourselves. It's not really fair to call us out on being the org with "the most DQs for little things" with a record like that, I think. We do certainly appreciate the "best dressed" award though!

Does anyone know what happened to the commentator audio on the women's prelims? It's completely missing, and I'd love to be able to hear it.
nbonaddio
Organization: KDR
Graduation Year: 2006

Post by nbonaddio »

rlbrowne wrote:Hey, I'd just like to clarify something that was mentioned during the broadcast. CIA has had a total of 3 DQs for "little things" over the past six Racedays, even with a large number of teams for a couple years. I think we've been having pretty clean races, and while every team has something they could clean up better, I don't think we've been doing too badly ourselves. It's not really fair to call us out on being the org with "the most DQs for little things" with a record like that, I think. We do certainly appreciate the "best dressed" award though!

Does anyone know what happened to the commentator audio on the women's prelims? It's completely missing, and I'd love to be able to hear it.
I recommend getting the sand out of your vagina.

Congrats on the slowest bronze medal since Grover Cleveland was President.
CRStengel
Organization: Sweepstakes
2nd Organization: SDC
Graduation Year: 1993

Post by CRStengel »

Hey cmuTV, I think I represent a number of voices beyond my own when I say I missed the tag team of Bordick and Estes on the broadcast. Having folks with so many years of experience is what sports broadcasting should be all about. Will is doing great, but he needs to have those guys with him to make it a power team.
McCue
Organization: Sweepstakes
2nd Organization: KDR
Graduation Year: 2007

Post by McCue »

Bordick and Estes are always great, but I think Jess is a solid addition to the broadcasting team.

Did we reach a conclusion about the SigEp fire safety thing? I believe I am on record (for a couple years now) for really wanting to avoid fire safety DQs but I don't understand how, once found culpable, only half their teams were DQed. Someone official even explained this to me but I couldn't understand it.

Also if anyone from Fringe wants to talk about their women's A DQ, I think that is a discussion worth having (though I am not going to initiate it).
SigNuSi
Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 2010

Post by SigNuSi »

nbonaddio wrote:
rlbrowne wrote:Hey, I'd just like to clarify something that was mentioned during the broadcast. CIA has had a total of 3 DQs for "little things" over the past six Racedays, even with a large number of teams for a couple years. I think we've been having pretty clean races, and while every team has something they could clean up better, I don't think we've been doing too badly ourselves. It's not really fair to call us out on being the org with "the most DQs for little things" with a record like that, I think. We do certainly appreciate the "best dressed" award though!

I had to...apologies in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scaAz1zcdXI
"...you're telling me that there is literally shit flowing down the back hills?"
rlbrowne
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2014

Post by rlbrowne »

nbonaddio wrote:

It is a shame to see there are alumni from the buggy community who feel the need to resort to base insults of other teams for no good reason. Our alums have worked hard to keep our races clean, and we have continued that, accepted our disqualifications, and learned from them. I am proud of our alumni for what they have accomplished both during and after their buggy experiences, and I sincerely hope your team has that opportunity as well. Regardless of your choice of action, CIA will continue to keep it classy. Good day to you, sir.