What should the BAA do next?

aitong
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 1998

What should the BAA do next?

Post by aitong »

I can't speak for everyone else, but I know that I am suffering heavily from the post-carnival blues. In an attempt to get out of it, I thought we could start thinking about future projects for the BAA.

So, the goal of this thread is to brainstorm ideas. You don't have to worry about details - just a quick summary of what you are thinking. Even if the idea seems a bit crazy, go ahead and post it - it might spark an even crazier idea for someone else.

Once we have a list of ideas, we can narrow them down to a manageable group of projects, and then start digging into the details of each project. Once we have an idea of what each project will involve, we can find volunteers to take responsibility for the project.

I'll start with an idea that came up over carnival : purchasing a tent and a means of heating the tent for flaggers.
CRStengel
Organization: Sweepstakes
2nd Organization: SDC
Graduation Year: 1993

Re: What should the BAA do next?

Post by CRStengel »

I always liked the idea of coming up with the next generation of haybales...a soft wall kind of concept.
bajafm
Organization: PhiKap
Graduation Year: 1984

Post by bajafm »

Update the video compilations from 2004 onward. Include "5-second rule" compilation, Hill 2 tumbles, chute spinouts/crashes, Pushbar DQ's, Pusher interferences, Buggy interferences, Transition DQ's, etc. I've watched the existing compilations. Thanks for putting those together. Nice to show my kids and friends who don't know about buggyto see the excitement and drama generated.
Ben
Graduation Year: 2011

Post by Ben »

I've got a few that I've been tossing around

particularly for Raceday, I've always loved exhibitions and I think there should be more of them. I know there are some issues with Phipps and getting permits for later in the day, but it would be really cool to maybe run exhibitions between finals heats. but again, that would require significantly more time.
aitong
Graduation Year: 1998

Post by aitong »

Ben wrote:I've got a few that I've been tossing around

particularly for Raceday, I've always loved exhibitions and I think there should be more of them. I know there are some issues with Phipps and getting permits for later in the day, but it would be really cool to maybe run exhibitions between finals heats. but again, that would require significantly more time.
Something else that was suggested was trying to improve our relations with Phipps - for example, maybe giving them some free advertising along the lines of "Hey - buggy is over, but phipps is right across the street and open for visitors" variety.