The Carnegie Mellon Buggy Alumni Association was founded in the summer of 2008 after it became clear that there was both a need and an interest in an organization centered around buggy for all members of the buggy world, past and present.
The founding members defined 5 goals to guide the organization’s efforts:
- Preserve and make accessible the history of the sport
- Provide a channel by which alumni can remain connected to and support the sport
- Support and improve undergraduate participation
- Improve relations and raise interest in the greater Pittsburgh community
- Unite alumni across organizations
What are we?
We are an Alumni Interest Group from Carnegie Mellon University. That means we are non-profit, officially recognized by Carnegie Mellon, and generally based in Pittsburgh. We are open to anyone who is interested in buggy; you need not be a “Buggy Alumni” to get involved. We work with plenty of current CMU students and other buggy fans.